This policy explains how and when The Knowledge Warehouse Limited trading as “Knoware” collects personal information through our website(s) (the site), what we do with it and your right to see or change it.
We do not use, share or transfer personal information in connection with the site except as set out in this policy, or as otherwise set out somewhere on the site including in terms linking to the site.
2. Collection, storage and use of personal information
a) Business Systems
Knoware utilises various online systems to undertake business. These systems are actively managed and administered by Knoware via a contracted third party. For the purposes of this policy the personal information in these systems is only available to and is to be used by Knoware’s administrators for the purposes of maintaining system integrity and security and will not be disclosed.
b) No need to disclose personal information
You can use the site without disclosing any personal information.
c) Your disclosure of personal information
You may choose to disclose personal information to us when you give feedback or in other submission forms. This information can be viewed by site administrators, certain Knoware staff and sometimes third-party contractors who administer or work on the site.
Please do not send us sensitive personal information or include any sensitive personal information in submission forms.
d) Holding of information
Knoware will hold any personal information provided by you. It may be shared with third-party contractors to the extent necessary for them to administer or work on the site. Email addresses are not made available to the public. Unless required by law we will not publicise the names or email addresses of individuals who provide feedback to us or who provide us with submission forms without their consent.
e) Use of personal information
We will only use personal information provided to us for the purpose of:
- administering, evaluating and improving the site
- improving our services, and
- communicating with you, including responding to your feedback and information provided in submission forms.
3. Statistical information and cookies
a) Statistical information collected
We may collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve and maintain security on the site. This information is aggregated and does not identify you personally. It may include:
- your IP address
- the search terms you used within the site
- the pages you visited on our site and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited the site
- the referring site, if any, from which you clicked through to this site
- your operating system, for example Windows XP, Mac OS X
- the type of web browser you use such as Internet Explorer, Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
- other things like your screen resolution and the language setting of your browser.
b) Use of statistical information
The statistical information referred to above can be viewed by site administrators and certain other Knoware staff.
This site generates persistent session cookies, meaning they have an expiry date and are removed on that date, for the purpose of monitoring site usage. The cookies do not collect personal information. You can disable them or clear them out of your web browser without affecting your ability to use the site.
4. Correcting your personal information
a) Your rights
Under the Privacy Act 2020 you have the right to access and ask us to correct any of your personal information provided to Knoware in connection with your use of this site.
b) Contact us if:
- you would like to see or change your personal information held by Knoware, or
- you have any concerns regarding your privacy.
Knoware may require proof of your identity before being able to provide you with any personal information.
Privacy Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org
p: +64 4 499 9246
The Knowledge Warehouse Ltd
PO Box 10 541
If you are not satisfied with our response to any privacy-related concern you may have you can contact the Privacy Commissioner: Office of the Privacy Commissioner contact details